Friday 20 January 2017

pms energy balls

This January is sugar free and sweet taste free for me, I just like to challenge myself and detox from sugar at the same time. It's been 3 weeks since I've started and I knew it's coming - chocolate craving around `that` time of the month. So, I made this energy balls, full of good fats, magnesium from the cacao and rich in protein and it seems to me that they do the trick . The bad new is everyone else in the family likes them....






Ingredients:

8 Tbsp ground almonds
4 Tbsp mixed seeds ( I like sunflower and sesame seeds )
2 Tbsp cacao powder
4 Tbsp peanut butter ( I like good earth )
2 tsp ground cinnamon 
2 Tbsp ground flax seeds
2 Tbsp maple syrup ( optional )
80 -100 ml warm water
desiccated coconut for coating 


Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
Roll into balls smaller then a walnut and coat them with coconut. 
You should aim to get around 20 balls.
Keep them in fridge for up to 7 days.

note: in case you are wondering what food I am avoiding, here is a list:
bananas
grapes
all dry fruit
biscuits
cookies
cakes
chocolates 
honey
food from jars

what I eat:
cooked meals loaded with whole grains and pulses
eggs
lots of vegetables
porridge 
cinnamon
full fat yogurt but small amount
cheese also small amount 
blueberries
nuts
seeds
green apple 
home made bread


*note: I am never hungry and I don't loose weight, however, my skin glows, I am full of beans and I sleep like a baby...zzzzzzzzz

Thanks for reading! I would appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.




No comments:

Post a Comment