Thursday 28 February 2019

What I've been cooking in February





Paprika baked cauliflower 

Cauliflower is a one of my regular vegetable I cook and eat in many forms, so when my mother in law asked me if I can prepare something veggie for the party she was going to have for her husband's 75th birthday I came up with a whole roast couli as a main and grated courgette and chickpeas as a side dish. 




For the cauliflower I mixed up minced garlic, red paprika, salt, pepper and olive oil. Rubbed it onto the cauliflower and roasted for 30 min on 180 C.
Add the tomatoes with some more olive oil and roast for another 20 minutes. Meanwhile grate two small courgettes and fry with very little olive oil for ten minutes, than all drained tin of chickpeas.
Before serving sprinkle some toasted and chopped cashew nut and parsley ….








Beans on toast with eggs, avocado and tomato salsa

This is my typical weekend breakfast, cooked a bit later then usual because I've been for a run 🏃.
The kids would of been fed by then so this is kind of "It's a date meal" for me and my husband .
I made a very quick chili by frying a raw chopped hot chili followed by some garlic and 300g mixed cooked beans. I halved a handful of small tomatoes and added some olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh parsley. I fried eggs, toasted some sourdough bread and dished up with avocado and lime juice..




Roast butternut squash baked with macaroni cheese, yum 
This was served with broccoli and green salad , perfect mid-week meal for five of us ..




 Cherry compote porridge topping

I used bag of 350g frozen cherries, I cooked it with juice of half a orange and a stick of cinnamon for 30 minutes. The taste is not so sweet but very fragrant and morish , it makes me want to eat porridge twice a day :) 
Store in a clean jar and keep it in your fridge for up to two weeks ….













3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this post with Eat Your Greens, loads of lovely veggies here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura, The paprika baked cauliflower is certainly the kind of dish I would like to see at a party table, hope they loved it. Thank you so much for sharing your Cauliflower dish with #EatYourGreens, hope you will join in again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. Highly insightful blog. Keep it up and please sharing more awesome content.

    Order paneer paratha online

    ReplyDelete