Monday 6 August 2018

Summer eating 🍅🍆🌿🌽


Harissa glazed aubergines is something we all enjoy eating in the summer. 
method: 
Slice the aubergine, brush with olive oil ( I use spray ) 
Place the slices on a baking tray. It goes in pre heated oven on 180 C for 20 min.
Get the tray out and brush the aubergines with harissa paste ( the one I use is smoky but mild and very oily ) 
Back in oven for another 10 - 15 minutes.
I serve the aubergines with Greek salad with added cooked lentils as well as toasted bread.


Grilled corn quinoa salad with falafels, tzatziki and pita bread 


I can't tell you how much we enjoyed this meal, it's summer on a plate, it's absolutely lovely !!!
I used: 3/4 cup quinoa , handful of chopped tomatoes, half a cucumber, chopped radishes, some red onion, avocado, tin of cooked butter beans, feta cheese, gilled corn, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and paper.
I grilles the corns under a grill for 20 minutes turning it every now and then.
In a meantime I cooked the quinoa for 15 - 20 minutes and chopped up the veggies.
Mix everything all up, season with paper, easy on the salt as feta cheese is salty enough.
Serve with tzatziki, falafels and pita bread for a perfect balanced summer meal ❤☀🌽 

I have found the best recipe for falafels, made from chickpeas ( of course ) as well as broccoli and cauliflower.  I made them in advance, kept in freezer and bake straight from frozen. Perfect !   here is the link for the recipe !!








Bambino portion 
from the market




4 comments:

  1. I adore everything about this post, the summer colours, the summer food and the presentation. I am so making those harissa aubergines, what a terrific idea and a great way to inject flavour into a not so interesting vegetable and even the salad looks too good to eat. And to top of it all of 'a bambino portion' how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully agree with Shaheen! This all looks so wonderful and summerly that I want to eat the whole lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that salad looks so delicious and tasty. i do find harissa too oily, so I tend not to use it, but i love eggplants so anything made with them is fab. cheers sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete