Monday 21 May 2018

In my kitchen in May



The highlight of the month is my brand new sourdough starter.

My love for sourdough started a long time ago, I had it about five years ago for a year and then I had to give it up because of high demands of the starter + having a baby wasn't easy.

I am giving another go, I have got myself a new book called the sourdough school and here is some photos so far: 




Established starter 







 our favorite way of eating sour bread is toasted and topped with what ever we have in the fridge

 my favorite supplement 


 Harissa, one of my favorite condiment 


Butternut squash oven baked risotto - perfect mid week dinner for all the family

Chickpea, courgettes and peppers pasties served with thick yogurt mixed with harissa



Healthy snack = rice cakes topped with peanut butter and fruit


pineapple muffins with spelt flour crumble 




I am sharing this post with  sherrys pickings who is hosting in my kitchen challenge


5 comments:

  1. hi laura
    thanks so much for joining in with IMK this month. very nice to have you here:) Just a quick headsup - Inlinkz which is the linking tool I use has had an update and it demanded an email when i added your post! so i had to put my own since i didn't have yours. I think that is why my blog link appears under your first photo here. sorry about that. Hopefully when i do June's post, all will become clear with Inlinkz. thanks again! hope to see you next month. P.S. love the pasties you made. so cute. cheers sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how tasty everything looks! I adore sourdough bread and yours looks very impressive, I also love the pasties and pineapple muffins. Good times in your spring kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sourdough starters do sound very demanding. I've heard it said that it's like having a baby in diapers: they overflow and make a mess on the floor. No wonder most users give them names! All your foods look really tempting!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are right about the sourdough being very demanding but it is very satisfying , thanks for stopping by xx

      Delete
  4. I know this is a old blog post, but i missed it somehow. I have been wanting to do sourdough for a while, but the starter frightens me. I will give it a go one day. All the food here looks delicious as always. Hope you will have time to join in EatYourGreens this month too as I am hosting.

    ReplyDelete