Thursday 23 February 2017

More smoothie please

A delicious start to the day, smoothies are packed with vitamins, minerals, fibre, good fats and proteins. As well as fruit and veg, I add nut butter or tahini, ground flax seeds or chia seeds,  cinnamon or cocoa.......Some days I made my smoothie quite skinny which means I use water as a liquid base. One of my favorite combo is: spinach, blueberries, avocado and water.
I wanted my kids to have a glass of smoothie as a regular drink so that's where the sweet fruit and honey comes as a base. Children don't like funny colours or taste, my children would turn their noses even if I add flax seeds. ...
My latest addition is beetroot . I was inspired by the kale smoothie starters I have found in one of the blogs I follow called The plant philosophy. I grated one large raw beetroot and I simply stuck it into an ice tray. Freeze for 4 hours and then I have beetroot boost in my smoothie every time ..... 












2 comments:

  1. Wow you are so organised with your smoothies, each one is colourful and delightful to drink I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , I am trying to be organised, there is no other way with three children xx

      Delete