Saturday 13 April 2019

Roast vegies & giant cous-cous med style

Every Sunday evening I create a menu for the following week, I then make a shopping list making sure I have all ingredients in the kitchen so I don't need to go shopping mid week. Sounds very straight forward and easy ?! The shopping happens on Monday morning but some days it takes me long time to complete it as I tend to turn my nose up on some of the produce. I than storm out of my first choice supermarket only to end up on my nearest high street where I have more choice of small shops, supermarkets and even green grocer. I admire those people with ability to do online grocery shopping and be happy with it. Anyway ...

Comes mid week I change the menu and we all end up eating something like this beautiful dish full of flavours. Some of my family will ask for bread, tin of sardines or glass of drinking yogurt, the youngest one always ask for baked beans and why not :)) 



Ingredients:

1 aubergine
1 or 2 courgettes
1 or 2 peppers
Handful of small tomatoes
Any odd potato
Wholewheat giant cous cous
 Feta cheese
Olives
Pumpkin seeds
Parsley
Olive oil

Slice the aubergine, courgette, peppers and potatoes.  Season with little salt and pepper, rub some olive oil into and place it onto a baking tray covered with baking paper. Roast the veggies on 190 C for 20 min. Add the tomatoes and roast for further 10 minutes.
In the meantime cook the cous cous according to the package.
Serve the veggies with the cous cous adding some parsley, olives and seeds.
For non vegan option add some feta cheese.


Note: whatever vegetables and fruit I bring home I soak it into cold water mixed with cider vinegar. It kills the pesticides !!!











I share this post with eat your greens hosted by VegHog


4 comments:

  1. This kind of Mediterranean style vegetables are always great food. Thank you for sharing this with Eat Your Greens! Have a nice Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The round up has now been published, thank you so much again for your contribution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing Laura with Eat Your Greens challenge. I look forward to harvesting some courgettes in the summer to give this salad a go. I hope you will join in again in May when I am hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the excellent mindset, nonetheless is just not help to make every sence whatsoever preaching about that mather. Virtually any method many thanks in addition to i had endeavor to promote your own article in to delicius nevertheless it is apparently a dilemma using your information sites can you please recheck the idea. thanks once more. biscuit joiner for salebiscuit joiner harbor freightbiscuit joiner dewaltbiscuit joiner lowesbiscuit joiner porter cablehow to use a biscuit joinercheap biscuit joinermilwaukee biscuit joiner

    ReplyDelete