Thursday 12 January 2017

Leek and kale with dippy eggs

This is a perfect meal to recharge your body after exercise.
Adding some yogurt and wholegrain mustard  makes it extra yummy, the taste is a bit sour-ish but also sweet from the leek....








Ingredients:

1 large leek, trimmed and sliced 
150 gr kale
olive oil
3 Tbsp natural yogurt 
1 to 2 tsp wholegrain mustard from jar 
parsley
4 eggs

Heat a big frying pan suitable for grill as well.
Add splash of oil, followed by the leek.
Saute the leek until soften, then add the kale, splash of water and put the lid on for 6-7 minutes or until the kale is almost cooked.
Stir in the yogurt and the mustard and simmer for a minute or two.
Make 4 hollows in the kale mixture and crack the eggs into.
Cook for 1 minute without any stirring and then put the pan under the pre-heated grill .
Grill everything for 3-4 minutes, make sure the egg yolks are still runny.
Sprinkle some salt, pepper and chopped parsley.
Serve immediately and enjoy! 




Thanks for reading! I would appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.


2 comments:

  1. Now this is my kind of brunch. Lovely. As a Welsh person i approve of the leeks and I just love kale these days. Happy New Year to you Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made this branch a few times and I am looking forward to make it again. Thank you Shaheen, I am back to eating leek again, since my last pregnancy which was almost 5 years ago I could not eat or smell leek, I am glad is over!

    ReplyDelete